Following up from my last post on analysing iOS diagnostics I decided to see if it was possible to get the logs without having to go through a proxy and the built in diagnostics app. A quick look using Hopper revealed that the built in diagnostics app uses a framework called
iOSDiagnosticsSupport.framework to do the heavy lifting.
Armed with this info I built a quick app to do on device diagnostics. I’ve covered most of the sections found in the report you could generate using the techniques I outlined in the last post. There are many more things I want to add, but this is a start. The project is on github here. It needs more work - especially on the iPad. I’ll be improving and adding more sections in the coming weeks and months. I’ve already found it useful in seeing more clearly what’s chewing up the battery on my iPad and iPhone. You can export your logs from the app using the share button.